Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jaunty Pussy for men



I spotted this shirt a few days ago in David Jones, but I only managed to snap a picture of it today. It's from Hem & Haw, the jaunty fellows behind Bobby's Cuts, who always get the tick of approval from me. What I like about them is that they are interested in creating and living a particular aesthetic that borrows a little bit from 50s rockabilly (and later kustom kulture), a little bit from 70s Melbourne sharpies and a little bit from 80s new wave, but is instantly recognisable and relatively easy to attain (if your body favours that lean silhouette).

I can see where they're coming from here; Thom does like his gingham shirt/plantation tie combo. But I do wonder whether men are going to wear what is essentially a pussy-bow blouse.

With the zeal of the prophet, I look forward to the spread of Jaunty Pussy through both male and female apparel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hem & Haw's cheap too, which is pretty great in these tightened times.

Anonymous said...

how does one get in contact with you?

Mel said...

Hello anonymous!

Clicking on the button with the saucy lady in the top right corner should send me an email.